Who doesn’t love a delicious homemade cobbler? WHO?!
Not only is this recipe super easy to make, but very customization if you’d rather just have blueberries and not a fruit combo.
CAUTION: Licking your screen will not satisfy your craving.
Homemade Fruit Cobbler
- 4 cups of blueberries
- 4 cups of strawberries, quartered
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup of full fat milk
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- Preheat over to 350°.
- Butter or spray a 13 x 9 x 2 baking pan.
- Combine fruit and 1 cup of sugar and spread evenly in pan.
- Mix together eggs, oil, milk and vanilla.
- In large bowl mix all dry ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix just until combined.
- Pour topping evenly over fruit (will come very close to top of pan).
- Bake for one hour or until topping is baked through.
I found my cobbler needed closer to 70 minutes, so watch carefully, so as not to burn.
If using just blueberries, add 1/2 tsp cinnamon, if you like.
Adapted from an Express News recipe (so old I didn’t have a date).
There you have it, easy homemade cobbler fit for a crowd or just you and a spoon. Yurm!
The hardest part of making this cobbler is not burning the tar out of your tongue when trying to sneak a bite before it’s sufficiently cooled.
Grab the vanilla ice cream, bowls and spoons and enjoy.
Happy Cobbler Makin’, Y’all!