Big Wheel Keeps On Rolling
When we were kids, my baby brother, who came 10-years behind me, had a Big Wheel. It was a much coveted possession and one that almost every kid in the neighborhood took a turn on, no matter how old we were.
When Boy was old enough for one, he had a Big Wheel and once he outgrew it, we kept it at his grandparents for all the younger cousins to have some big-wheelin-fun.
Again, didn’t matter how old someone was, everyone seemed drawn to lowering themselves into the oversized seat if for nothing else but to relive fond memories when they, too, could spin out with the best of them.
~ A gentle reminder: OMT! uses Amazon referral links at no cost to you.~
You remember the Original Big Wheel, (this one is made in the USA!) right?
Speedy, squealy, memories!
There is also a Radio Flyer Big Wheel that is one step cooler (how can anything be cooler than the original?!):
I can’t imagine one kiddo or grandkiddo that would say NO! to the childhood awesomeness that is a Big Wheel, but what about us grown folk…WHAT ABOUT US?!
Um, how about this ADULT-SIZED BIG WHEEL!
- Where Downhill Meets Drift. Ages-14 and up. Maximum weight-198 pounds
- Steel trike style frame combined with Super Slider POM rear wheels
- Riders can power slide through corners, throw fish tails or fast 180s!
- Front free-wheel with BMX style platform pedals and alloy crank
- Features: moto-style handlebars, pro-style grips, triple crown fork, adjustable bucket style seat, and tow hook attachment, grip tape on rear axle
I will leave it to you to decide if I’m serious or just havin’ some fun here, but one take-away could definitely be this: do not underestimate the Internets and all that is available out in the world o’fun!
Here’s the question: If you woke-up Christmas morning to find this beast of a Big Wheel under the tree with your name on it, would you take it out and burn rubber?
I think we all know what I would do…