I have been in a baking mood in the last few weeks and since I was raised right, I’ll share!
When I started out, I thought I’d make a specific brownie recipe, but instead had to adapt because I was short on a few key ingredients.
OMT’s Toffee Chip Cookie Dough Brownies are the result:
- Follow package directions on brownie mix. I used Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate Brownie mix that has big chips in the batter.
- Toffee Bit Cookie Dough
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons half and half
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups chopped toffee bits
- Make Brownies: Follow directions on package for brownies and cook accordingly. I used an 11 x7 pan, buttered. Cool completely.
- Make Cookie Dough: In a mixer on medium speed, combine the butter and both sugar until fluffy. Add half and half and vanilla and mix. Mix in flour until combined. Finally, using a wooden spoon or spatula, stir in the toffee bits.
- Once brownies are cooled, spread the cookie dough over them. Refrigerate for an hour, or until firm.
Adapted from Brown Eyed Baker
While the original brownies I intended to make were purdier and more showcase-tastic than mine, I can testify that I rolled my eyes to the back of my head when I took a bite of this version. In hindsight, I should have baked it in a bigger pan, doubled the brownie recipe for a more substantial brownie portion, and maybe added a bit more half and half for ease of spreading the cookie dough.
As far as taste goes, I don’t think I could have done any better!
Adaptation is fun!
What are you waiting for? Get to bakin’!