To add a bit of nutrition to our by-the-fire snacks, I tinkered with a nut recipe and came up with Savory Roasted Pecans. Yum. Mix these in a bowl with the spicy pretzels and BAM! you have a party!
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon taco mix
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pound pecan halves
- Preheat over to 300°.
- Melt butter and add all ingredients, except pecan halves. Mix thoroughly.
- Add pecans and stir to coat.
- Pour nuts onto a jellyroll pan, making sure they are spread out in a single layer.
- Bake 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container.
Simple and delish! A win-win combo. As an added bonus, these savory pecans make delightful hostess gifts, Christmas gifts, birthday gifts…ah, hell, anything/anytime gifts!
Happy roasting, y’all!