Oh, mah babies. THIS. This cobbler came out of my oven smelling of sweet summer fruit and light cakey
droolgoodness. I had to remind myself not to take a bite until it had cooled enough so it wouldn’t remove the skin from the roof of my mouth.
While I used blueberries and strawberries, you could use whatever fruit you’d like with minor adjustments to the ingredients. Wanna know a secret? I used frozen fruit. How easy is that?! I’ll give you a hint: SO. EASY!
- Fruit Filling
- 4 cups of blueberries
- 4 cups of strawberries, quartered
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup of full fat milk
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- Preheat over to 350°.
- Butter or spray a 13 x 9 x 2 baking pan.
- Combine fruit and 1 cup of sugar and spread evenly in pan.
- Mix together eggs, oil, milk and vanilla.
- In large bowl mix all dry ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix just until combined.
- Pour topping evenly over fruit (will come very close to top of pan).
- Bake for one hour or until topping is baked through.
I found my cobbler needed closer to 70 minutes, so watch carefully, so as not to burn.
If using just blueberries, add 1/2 tsp cinnamon, if you like.
Adapted from an Express News recipe (so old I didn't have a date)
You looked over the directions, right? Mix. Put in dish. Bake. The hardest part of this is waiting for it to cool. As a friend said (Oh, hai, Jason!): Carpe Cobbler!
He has a point.
Go on now, git! Get to cobblerin’!
Happy Baking, y’all!