Camping or Hiking Enthusiast?
If you are, ya gotta eat.
Stanley food jar for the win!
Have I ever mentioned that while I love me some fancy-pants camping equipment, I’m not so much a happy camper, at least not roughing-it camping, you know, just a tent, in the woods, alone with the bears.
It’s totally true.
Hate the overnight sleeping on the ground, but love the great outdoors and love the gear.
There’s just something about all that gear that just gets me.
I love it.
Mountain vacuum food system.
- What the heck is a vacuum food system?
- What the heck is a food jar?
- Why the heck can’t you just use the thermos crammed into the back of your cabinet?
- Why is OMT fixated on the word “heck”
- This system literally takes the chaos outta heck.
- Heck, basically meaning chaos…I think I’ll stop here. Oy!
What is a vacuum food system?
Think hot foods hot and cold foods cold. Like a Thermos…but wait!
Stanley has an integrated pot that cooks a jar’s worth of food.
Not to mention the handy utensil!
Camping with a bit of the luxury of home.
What is a food jar?
The food jar is where the food is kept at the temp you need.
Cold or hot. It’s doing it’s thang.
Can’t you just use a thermos?
Yes, you can, but when the Stanley is available, why would you want to?
What is a thermos?
Don’t laugh. Lots of folks have never used on.
A generation back, everyone either had one or knew someone that did.
For the uninitiated: a thermos is a container that you can take with you wherever you go that will keep your food or drinks hot or cold, depending on your needs.
Most of them come with a little cup from which to sip.
Most folks use a thermos to keep food hot (or drinks like coffee hot).
A hot food container.
That’s the crux of what this is Stanley Mountain vacuum food system is, but better!
Hot food, hot.
Don’t burn yer tongue.
Let’s get to the details of this hot and cold thermos for food.
While I may not be a camping enthusiast, I am a hiking enthusiast and this is a great addition to the pack without too much added weight.
~ A gentle reminder: OMT! uses Amazon referral links at no cost to you.~
Check it out: Stanley Mountain Vacuum Food System
- Vacuum insulated food jar
- 18/8 stainless steel won’t rust
- Integrated spork
- Nests to save space
- Cooks a jar’s worth of food
Seriously, what’s not to love?
I like that it insulates for 11-13 hours.
That means my cold stuff will be cold and my warm stuff warm…when I am ready for it.
The added bonus is, if I want, I have the added option of using the integrated pot to heat things through.
Plus, no need to haul around utensils or a bowl because it’s included.
Camping! Hiking! Backyard!
I’m also thinking it would be fun with Sweet E. Maybe his first backyard experience of “cooking” over a firepit, um, campfire.
We could load up our nesting jar in the kitchen, find a secure spot in our backpack, “hike” into the backyard, start an adult-supervised fire and get to cookin’! Then, clean-up with the hose!
Backyard camping is my kind of camping.
A Stanley food jar is up for your adventures.
That the system is made from 18/8 stainless steel means it won’t rust and can take a beating.
Anyone who knows me knows that I specifically look for products that can take a OMT! beating.
I be hard on my stuff, yo. If it can’t stand manhandling, it’s not for me.
If you love to camp (please don’t ever invite me) or hike (totally a possibility), check out the Stanley: they’re containers that keep food hot for hours.
See if there’s a use for you.
Or, maybe it’s for someone you love, who will let you stay home while they go out and commune with the beasts of the forest while you stay home and watch a Netflix marathon of Naked and Afraid.
Check it out…or not.
You know I’m not the boss of you.
Feeling even MORE adventurous as a camper? How about this:
Stanley Adventure Vacuum Crock Food Jar, Stainless Steel, 3 Quart, Stainless Steel
- 12 HOURS HOT, 16 HOURS COLD: The double wall vacuum insulation and air-tight locking lid keeps food, soup, or chili piping-hot for 12 hours but can also keep contents ice-cold for up to 16 hours Materials are BPA-free to ensure food safety
- LARGE 3-QUART CAPACITY: With 3 quarts of space, this container can store enough food to bring lunch for everyone The handle on the lid makes it easy to carry even when filled A wide mouth opening makes it easy to clean, fill, scoop and serve
- TOUGH AND DURABLE: Manufactured using 18/8 stainless steel material, where lids are made from BPA Free plastic, it also comes with a durable grip handle which makes it easy and convenient to carry and serve food
- LEAK-PROOF LOCKING LID: When locked down by the lid’s latches, the inner silicone gasket makes an air tight seal The hook on the bottom of the lid allows it to hang on the side of the crock while serving
A perfect picnic takealong!
I mean, having a picnic is a kind of camping, right?
Thanks for reading and I hope you found this post useful.
If you need me, I’ll be in a cozy spot reading indoors.
Happy camping and hiking y’all!
If you liked this post, check these out:
My review of my favorite thermos.
These glasses are great for running (my use) or for hiking!
After camping or hiking, you’re gonna need a lacrosse ball to work out the knots.
I think this just about does it!
Now you know: Camping or Hiking Enthusiast? This.